Some of you may have already received the following invitation, but I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of this upcoming event at Wat Buddhabhavana, the temple in Westford.
ENTERING THE RAINS CEREMONY 2008
The Sangha of Wat Buddhabhavana of Massachusetts invites you, your family and friends to join the traditional ceremony for “bhikkhus” (monks) entering the annual three months period of retreat starting with the full moon of July and ending on the full moon of October. It is called “Boon Kaw Pansa” (Buddhist Lent).
The monks take this opportunity to intensify their practice and they invite lay people to take advantage of this opportunity to come to the Temple for advice as to how they can improve their own practice.
Address: 25 Milot Road, Wesford, Massachusetts, 01886
Please feel free to contact either Ven. Mangkone Dhammadharo or Ven. David Chutiko if you would like futher information.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
July 19th — Saturday: 5:00pm
– Evening chanting
– Requesting of the Three Refuges and Five Precepts (Eight Precepts for those who plan to stay at the Temple overnight)
– Meditation with the monks
July 20th — Sunday
– 10:00am — Auscpicious chanting and taking Three Refuges and Five Precepts
– 10:30am — Thuk Baht (offering food to the monks) followed by a Dhamma talk (sermon) and the monks commence to eat their meal
– 12:00pm — The lay people select their lunch (buffet style) and can eat either in the Hall or, weather permitting, outside